Air fryer steak fajitas are spicy, satisfying, and a healthy way to enjoy this Mexican classic! Easily prepped ahead of time and simple to make, this is wonderful as a taco night dinner.
There's nothing quite like air fryer steak fajitas. Succulent strips of steak seasoned with warming spices, nestled in a tortilla with crunchy peppers and onions make for the perfect mouthful. And no messy oil drips to clean up!
If you haven't tried air fryer fajitas, you're missing out. Unlike fajitas made on the stovetop, you don't need much oil, which means you can taste all the flavors in the beautifully seasoned steak and veggies.
Steak fajitas in the air fryer are exceptional because the air fryer passes hot air all around the meat to cook it, which means it cooks evenly and doesn't lose any moisture. As a result, your steak will be juicy and tender every time.
Ingredients you'll need to make steaks fajitas in the air fryer.
**Find the full list of ingredients along with the recipe instructions at the end of this post**
- Steak. The meat is the most important ingredient for these steak fajitas in air fryer, so be sure to choose good quality flank steak or top sirloin. When preparing your steak, slice it into strips, and make sure you cut against the grain - this breaks up the muscle fibers and makes the meat more tender.
- Olive oil. Neutral tasting and high in vitamin E and antioxidants, olive oil is excellent for cooking.
- Fajita seasoning. You can buy pre-made fajita seasoning in most grocery stores or make your own. Check out my air fryer chicken fajitas recipe for a delicious homemade fajita seasoning in just a few minutes. Alternatively, taco seasoning works well.
- Red and green bell peppers, thinly sliced.
- Tortillas. Any brand of tortilla is fine - be sure to warm them up!
- Fajita toppings. Toppings are your opportunity to get creative. Load up your fajitas with salsa, guacamole, cheese, soured cream, refried beans, and cheese - as much as you can fit in there!
Tools used to make the recipe.
"As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases"
- Sharp chef's knife (to cut the steak).
- Ziploc bag or a large bowl (to marinate the beef).
- Air Fryer.
- Instant Meat Thermometer
How to cook beef fajitas in air fryer
Sliced the steak against the grain, add olive oil and fajita seasoning to a gallon Ziploc bag or a bowl. Seal the bag and turn to coat. Chill at least for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 F for 5 minutes.
Spread the bell peppers and onion in the air fryer basket, spritz with olive oil, and air fry for 12 minutes. Add the seasoned steak strips to the air fryer and keep cooking to 400F for 5 minutes or until the steak is cooked to your preferred doneness.
Serve with your favorite tortillas and desired toppings. Enjoy!
How long to cook beef fajitas in an air fryer
It takes around 17 minutes at 400°F to cook beef fajita air fryer, depending on how thick your steak slices are, your air fryer, and how you like your steak.
The easiest way to tell when your steak is done is by checking the texture if you don't have an instant meat thermometer:
- The medium-rare steak will feel tender and still slightly soft and fleshy - similar to your cheek.
- Medium steak is firm but still tender - like your chin.
- Medium-well steak is fleshy but firm - comparable to your forehead.
What to serve with steak fajitas
It's the toppings that make these air fryer beef fajitas!
Try serving them with creamy guacamole (you can make this yourself by mashing avocado, lemon juice, minced red onion, salt, and pepper), spicy black bean and corn salsa, sour cream, cotija cheese, refried beans, and instant pot rice.
How to store beef fajitas
Leftover air fryer fajita steak is terrific for a quick and easy lunch - I like to make more than I need so that I can look forward to it the next day!
To store your leftovers, seal them in an airtight container or Ziptop bag and put them in the fridge or freezer within 2 hours of cooking.
Cooked beef is safe to keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days and in the freezer for 2 to 3 months.
How to reheat steak fajitas in the air fryer
Air fryer steak fajitas are a great make-ahead meal, and they're easy to reheat!
- In the air fryer, begin by preheating to 350°F, and then put the leftover air fryer fajita steak in. Heat for 3 to 5 minutes if heating from chilled and 13-15 minutes from frozen. Make sure you flip halfway through.
- Heat a pan or skillet to medium-high heat on the stovetop, and then add the steak—heat for a couple of minutes on each side. If the fajitas are frozen, you will need to defrost them first.
- In the oven, preheat to 250°F. Wrap your leftover fajita steak in foil, and then place it on a baking tray. Once the oven has reached temperature, switch it off and put the tray with the beef inside. Allow to heat for about 20 minutes.
Absolutely! Fajitas in the air fryer are delicious because heating the meat and vegetables with hot air means that they get a lovely crunch on the outside while remaining juicy and tender in the middle.
When making steak fajitas air fryer, use either flank steak or top sirloin. These steaks are boneless, so they're easier to prepare, as well as being tender and flavorful.
The most important thing to remember when cutting your steak is always to slice it against the grain. Slicing against the grain cuts the muscle fibers, which means your meat will be more tender, and your air fryer steak fajitas will be tender and delicious.
Air fryer fajitas steak only has a few ingredients, so it's a great meal to make if you don't want to do a massive shop! You will need:
Steak (flank or top sirloin)
Red and green bell peppers
Your choice of toppings (guacamole, refried beans, rice, cheese, and salsa all work well)
To season the meat for fajita steak in an air fryer, add it to a large bowl or Ziploc bag along with olive oil and fajita seasoning, and turn to coat.
Then, leave it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours. Then you're ready to start cooking!
Can you freeze cooked steak fajitas?
You can freeze the cooked air fry fajita steak with no problem, but I wouldn't recommend freezing the vegetables, tortillas, or toppings.
To freeze leftover fajita steak, seal it in an airtight container or Ziploc bag and then move it to the freezer within 2 hours of cooking (this prevents bacteria growth at room temperature). You can safely store it in the freezer for 2-3 months.
When you're ready to eat it, just put it straight in the air fryer to heat it - no need to defrost.
More Air Fryer Steaks Recipes You'll Love
- Air Fryer Porterhouse Steak
- Best Salmon Steak Air Fryer Recipe
- Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- Air Fryer Swordfish Steaks
- Steak Bites in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Tuna Steaks
- Air Fryer Ribeye Steaks
Please, do not forget to subscribe and follow us on Instagram and Pinterest. for more healthy recipes and ideas. Thank you for reading Enjoy Clean Eating!
Air Fryer Steak Fajitas Recipe
Air fryer steak fajitas are spicy, satisfying, and a healthy way to enjoy this Mexican classic! Easily prepped ahead of time and simple to make, this is wonderful as a taco night dinner!
- 1.5-pound flank steak or top sirloin sliced against the grain
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 8 (6 inches) tortillas (your favorite) warmed
- Desired toppings
- Sliced the steak against the grain, add olive oil and fajita seasoning , to a large, zip-top plastic bag or a large bowl. Seal the bag and turn to coat. Chill at least for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F for 5 minutes.
- Spread the bell peppers and onion in the air fryer basket spritz with olive oil, air fry for 12 minutes. Add the seasoned steak strips in the air fryer and keep cooking to 400F for 5 minutes or until the steak is cooked to your preferred doneness.
- Serve with tortillas of your choice and desired toppings. Enjoy!
- Don't add the veggies and steak at the same time because it can overcook the steak.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Reheat in the air fryer to 350ºF for 3-5 minutes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 263mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 54g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary significantly based on products used. When the recipe list salt to taste the amount of salt is not calculated, only the sodium in the other ingredients is calculated.