This delicious and easy to make cauliflower tots air fryer recipe only needs a few simple ingredients to make a healthy twist on the classic tater tots and ready in less than 20 minutes.
The great thing about this cauliflower tots air fryer recipe is that they are super simple and easy to make. Using only five ingredients, you can have this healthy alternative to classic tater tots on your table in less than 20 minutes - the only problem is trying not to eat them all at once!
Air fryer cauliflower tots have the same crunchy finish and fluffy insides as regular tater tots without using loads of oil. Instead, air fryers cook using hot air, which means your tots will cook evenly throughout and go crisp and golden outside.
You’ll only need a spritz of olive oil to make these cauliflower tater tots, so they’re lower in fat than regular tater tots. Plus, cauliflower is packed full of vitamins, and serving it in tots form is a great way to help your kids enjoy their veggies.
Ingredients you’ll need to make cauliflower tots.
**Find the full list of ingredients along with the recipe instructions at the end of this post**
- Cauliflower rice: You can buy ready-made cauliflower rice in most grocery stores, or you can make it yourself by grating a head of cauliflower using a box grater, or a food processor with a grater, to get small pieces the size of rice grains. Make sure the cauliflower rice isn’t too wet by pressing it with a paper towel.
- Large eggs help your tots stick together and give you a golden finish.
- Parmesan cheese.
- Breadcrumbs: You can buy breadcrumbs or make it yourself by grating bread. Making breadcrumbs is a great way to use up stale bread.
- Fresh chopped parsley.
Tools used to make the recipe.
"As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases"
How to make cauliflower tater tots in the air fryer
In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower rice, eggs, cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Scoop 1 tablespoon of the cauliflower mixture and form it into a tater tots shape. Repeat with the remaining tots.
Place the tots in a single layer in the air fryer basket without overlapping, spritz with olive oil and cook to 390ºF for 12-15 minutes, turning halfway through or until golden brown.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
How long do you cook veggie tots in air fryer?
It takes between 12-15 minutes at 390°F to cook veggie tots in air fryer. The exact cook time will depend on the size of your tots and your air fryer - you can tell when they are done because they will look crisp and golden.
What to serve with tater tots
Although they’re healthy, air fried cauliflower tots are still the treat you crave at the end of a long week! I love these cauliflower tots alongside these deliciously sticky, juicy BBQ chicken legs. They’re lovely dipped in the leftover BBQ sauce. Crunchy air fryer corn on the cob adds extra color to your plate and complements the flavor of the tots and chicken perfectly.
How to store cauliflower tots
You can store air fryer veggie tots in the fridge for 3-4 days and in the freezer for up to 4 months. They can be stored either before or after cooking, so you might want to make a few extra so that you have a batch for the freezer!
To store in the fridge, seal your tots in an airtight container in a single layer and put them in the refrigerator. Or, you can lay them out on a baking sheet and cover them with plastic wrap.
Spread them out on a baking sheet and freeze them for at least four hours until they harden. Once they are frozen, you can transfer them to a freezer bag.
How to reheat veggies tots
For best results, reheat your cauliflower tater tots in air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 390°F and cook them for around 5 minutes until they are hot throughout. If you heat frozen tots, the cooking time will be 8-10 minutes.
To reheat them in the oven, preheat to 350°F. Then, lay your tots out on a baking tray covered with aluminum foil, and bake for 15 minutes. The cooking time will be slightly longer if you are heating from frozen.
On the stovetop, begin warming a skillet to medium heat and then adding a little oil or cooking spray. Once it’s warm, add the tots and cook for around one minute on each side.
One of the great things about these air fry cauliflower tots is that they are lower in carbs than traditional tater tots, which is good news if you’re following a low-carb diet. Cauliflower also contains more Vitamin C and K and more fiber.
Because they’re cooked in the air fryer, these tots don’t need a lot of oil, which means a lower fat content.
More Cauliflower Air Fryer Recipes You'll love
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Steaks Recipe
- Best Air Fryer Cauliflower Bites
- Buffalo Cauliflower Air Fryer Recipe (Without Flour)
- BBQ Cauliflower Wings Air Fryer Recipe
- Air Fryer Whole Cauliflower Head Recipe
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Parmesan in Air Fryer
- 1 (16 oz) package cauliflower rice
- 2 large egg
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- In a large bowl combine the cauliflower rice, egg. Cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop 1 tablespoons of the cauliflower mixture and form it into a tater tots shape. Repeat with the remaining tots.
- Place the tots in a single layer in the air fryer basket without overlapping, spritz with olive oil and cook to 390ºF for 12-15 minutes turning halfway through or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 560mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary significantly based on products used. When the recipe list salt to taste the amount of salt is not calculated, only the sodium in the other ingredients is calculated.