These sweet, crisp air fryer apple pie egg rolls are just the thing for when you’re craving a quick dessert. Ready in under 20 minutes, they’re the perfect fall treat!
"As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases"
You’ll love how easy air fryer apple pie egg rolls are to make. Even if you’re not much of a baker, you can follow this recipe to create a satisfying dish that will impress your guests and satisfy your sweet tooth.
I love to make air fryer apple pie on those rainy afternoons when everyone needs a pick me up. They’re incredible served straight from the fryer with ice cream or custard, and they’re a great way to get the kids to eat some fruit!
Get the list of ingredients with measurement at the end of the post a long with the cooking instructions in the recipe card for easy print.
- Ground cinnamon. The sweet, slightly earthy taste of cinnamon is what gives apple pie egg rolls their trademark flavor.
- Light brown sugar. Light brown sugar has a richer, more caramel taste than white sugar and isn’t as intense as dark brown sugar, making it the perfect addition to your apple pie filling.
- Gala apple. Peeled, cored, and finely chopped.
- Golden delicious apple. Peeled, cored, and finely chopped.
- Lemon juice. Lemon juice prevents your apples from oxidizing and going brown.
- Allspice. A warming spice that compliments the cinnamon.
- Salt. Salt is used in sweet dishes to bring out the other flavors.
- Arrowroot or cornstarch. It is used to thicken your apple pie filling.
- Egg roll wraps.
- Avocado cooking oil. I use avocado oil because it’s rich in healthy fats, full of nutrients, and very good for you. You can substitute for another cooking oil if you don’t have any avocado oil, though.
How to make apple pie egg rolls in the air fryer
Begin by combining the cinnamon and sugar in a medium-sized bowl.
Add the chopped apple, lemon juice, allspice, cinnamon, and sugar mixture to a medium skillet over medium heat. Give everything a stir, and keep the mixture moving while the apple cooks.
Once the apples begin to release some of their juices, season them with salt and sprinkle the arrowroot/cornstarch over the top. Stir well until everything is combined, and leave to cool.
Now you need to assemble your air fryer, apple pie egg rolls!
Place the wrap on a flat surface, positioned so that it’s in a diamond shape. Spoon two tablespoons of the filling across the center of the egg roll wrap, then wet the edges of the wrap with water. Next, fold the bottom corner up and over the filling to sit below the top corner. Then, fold the side corners in towards the center and, finally, roll the wrap towards the top corner to close.
Repeat this process with the remaining wraps.
Spray avocado oil in the air fryer basket, then place your apple pie egg rolls in air fryer, seam side down. Spray them with avocado oil and air fry to 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes. Be sure to turn them halfway through. Once your air fryer egg rolls have turned golden brown and gone slightly crispy, they’re ready.
Sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar. Serve, and enjoy!
- Filling your dessert egg rolls. The key to rolling dessert egg rolls is not to overfill them, as tempting as it might be! If you put too much apple pie filling in your egg rolls, they won’t stay closed.
- Don’t wait to fry them. Your air fryer apple pie egg rolls will become soggy if you wait too long after assembly to fry them. Be sure to cook them as soon as you roll them for the best results.
- Sticky egg rolls. If you leave your egg rolls touching one another while you’re waiting to fry them, they may stick together. You can avoid this by dusting them with a little of your cornstarch or arrowroot.
How to roll egg rolls
To ensure your apple pie egg rolls stay together, you must use the correct shape when rolling them.
- Begin by placing the wrap on a flat, dry surface in front of you so that it’s in a diamond shape. If the wrap seems to be sticking, you can dust the surface with a bit of cornstarch/arrowroot.
- Add two tablespoons of the filling to the center of the egg roll across the center. Don’t be tempted to add too much, as this will stop it from closing.
- Wet the edges of your egg roll with water - this will help it stick together.
- First, fold the bottom corner of your diamond up and over the filling. It should sit a little below the top corner but won’t quite reach it.
- Next, roll the egg roll a little to get the filling into the right shape.
- Then, fold in the two side corners.
- Roll your egg roll closed.
Fry it as soon as possible once you’ve assembled it.
How long to air fry egg rolls
This air fryer apple pie egg roll recipe will take between 12-15 minutes in the air fryer. After 12-15 minutes, the filling will be cooked, and the egg roll wrapper will be crispy and golden.
What kind of apples are best for apple pie egg rolls?
I like to use a mixture of gala and golden delicious apples when I’m making apple pie egg rolls.
Golden delicious apples are pretty sweet and slightly tart, which means they keep their flavor after being cooked. Gala apples are sweet and usually crunchy, which gives the filling a great texture.
What to serve with apple pie egg rolls
Apple pie egg rolls go perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a serving of whipped cream. I love the combination of warm and cold!
Air fryer apple pie egg rolls make a great dessert after a hearty winter feast. Try them after a delicious main course like:
How to store apple pie egg rolls
If you store apple pie egg rolls correctly, they should last for 3-4 days (unless you eat them first!)
To store your apple pie egg rolls, seal them in an airtight container or bag and put them in the refrigerator. It’s a good idea to include a sheet of kitchen towel to absorb any excess moisture.
How to reheat air fryer apple pie egg rolls
To reheat apple pie in air fryer, place them in the fryer basket with a bit of avocado oil, and air fry for 5 minutes at 350°F. Turn them over, and heat for another 3 minutes. Ensure that they are piping hot throughout before serving.
Tools used to make the recipe.
More air fryer desserts
- Air fryer bread pudding
- Easy air fryer peach crisp
- Air fryer banana bread
- Air fryer candied pecans
- French toast in air fryer
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 gala apple, peel, core, and finely chopped
- 1 golden delicious apple, peel, core, and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or cornstarch
- 8 egg roll wraps
- Spray cooking avocado oil
- In a medium bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar, set aside
- In a medium skillet on medium heat, combine the apple, lemon juice, all spice, and the cinnamon mixture. Cook until the apples begin to release juices. Stirring often. Season with salt. Add the arrowroot over the apples and stir until well combined. Let it cool.
- Place the wrap in a flat suffer in a diamond shape; spoon 2 tablespoons of filling diagonally across the center of the egg roll wrap. Wet the edges of the wrap with water. Fold the bottom corner up and side corners in; roll to close. Repeat with remaining wraps.
- Spray avocado oil in the air fryer basket, place the egg rolls inside the air fryer, seam-side down; spray avocado oil and air fry to 350ºF for 12 to 15 minutes turning halfway through. Cook until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or sugar powder, Serve and Enjoy!
- The key to rolling dessert egg rolls is not to overfill them, as tempting as it might be! If you put too much apple pie filling in your egg rolls, they won’t stay closed.
- Your air fryer apple pie egg rolls will become soggy if you wait too long after assembly to fry them. Be sure to cook them as soon as you roll them for the best results.
- If you leave your egg rolls touching one another while you’re waiting to fry them, they may stick together. You can avoid this by dusting them with a little of your cornstarch or arrowroot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 652Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 658mgCarbohydrates: 88gFiber: 8gSugar: 23gProtein: 17g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary significantly based on products used. When the recipe list salt to taste the amount of salt is not calculated, only the sodium in the other ingredients is calculated.