Coated in a thick, tangy sauce and seasoned to perfection, these air fryer BBQ pork chops are mouth-wateringly delicious and ready in under 20 minutes.
Air fryer BBQ pork chops are incredibly juicy and tender; each satisfying mouthful combines a delicate seasoning with succulent pork, all finished with sweet and smoky sauce. You’ll love how the BBQ creates a sticky coating on the outside of the meat.
Boneless BBQ pork chops in air fryer are even better than chops in the grill or oven because air frying means that the pork keeps its natural moisture. Air frying works by passing hot air around the meat, which cooks it quickly and evenly, ensuring minimal evaporation.
You’ll only need three ingredients to make these barbeque pork chops in air fryer, making them an excellent option for those who want a gentle introduction to the air fryer or who don’t have all the time in the world to spend in the grocery store!
Ingredients you’ll need to make BBQ pork chops.
**Find the full list of ingredients along with the recipe instructions at the end of this post**
Thick cut boneless pork chops: It’s essential to get thick-cut pork chops to make BBQ pork chops in air fryer as they will hold onto their moisture more effectively than thinner ones, making them more succulent.
Barbecue seasoning: You can buy barbecue seasoning in any grocery store or make it yourself! Simply combine brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne if you like spicy food.
BBQ sauce: Some BBQ sauces contain high amounts of sugar, so try to find a low-sugar sauce if you can.
Tools used to make the recipe
"As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases"
How to cook BBQ pork chops in air fryer?
Seasoning: spritz the boneless pork chops with oil, then rub with barbecue seasoning, salt, and pepper, on both sides.
Air Frying: Arrange the boneless pork chops in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Using a pastry brush, coat the pork chops with bbq sauce on both sides and cook to 370ºF for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through.
The pork chops are done when the internal temperature reaches 145ºF on an instant meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chops.
Serving: Remove from the basket and let it rest for 5 minutes, serve with more sauce if preferred.
How long to air fry BBQ pork chops?
Air fry BBQ pork chops for around 10-12 minutes at 370°F, turning once halfway through.
The cooking time will vary depending on how thick your pork chops are and on what air fryer you are using, so always use a meat thermometer to check that the pork chops have reached a safe internal temperature of 145°F before serving.
To use an instant meat thermometer, insert it into the thickest part of the meat and check the reading.
What to serve with BBQ pork chops?
- Air fryer smashed potatoes.
- Black beans and corn salsa
- Simple air fryer sweet potato cubes
- Air fryer corn on the cob
How to store and reheat barbeque pork chops?
To store leftover air fryer barbecue pork, seal it in an airtight container or wrap it in a freezer bag, and move it to the fridge or freezer within 2 hours of cooking. You mustn’t leave cooked meat out for too long at room temperature, as this allows bacteria to grow.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F.
- Place the chops in the air fryer basket, and ensure that there is space between them (this allows the air to flow).
- Air fry for 2-3 minutes per side until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- If you are heating from frozen, allow an additional 8-10 minutes.
Absolutely! Air fryer barbecue pork chops are incredibly succulent and tender because air frying seals in the meat's natural juices. You’ll get a much better finish by air frying than any other method.
Add the BBQ sauce to the air fryer BBQ boneless pork chops just before you put them in the air fryer basket. This way, the air fryer cooks the sauce simultaneously with the meat, giving you a lovely glazed outside and succulent middle.
Leftover BBQ air fryer pork chops are incredibly versatile! Try them in a sandwich, chopped up into fried rice, in a stir fry, or shredded in a wrap with salad. You could add them to a skewer with chunks of pineapple for a tasty appetizer.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Bone-in Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Bacon in Air Fryer
- BBQ Chicken Legs in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer BBQ Cauliflower Wings
- 3-4 thick-cut boneless pork chops
- Oil sprayer bottle with olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons barbecue seasoning
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- Spritz pork chops with oil, then rub with barbecue seasoning, salt, and pepper, on both sides
- Arrange the pork chops in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Using a pastry brush, coat the pork chops with bbq sauce on both sides and cook to 370ºF for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through.
- The pork chops are done when the internal temperature reaches 145ºF on an instant meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chops.
- Remove from the basket and let it rest for 5 minutes, serve with more bbq sauce if preferred. Enjoy!
- You can season the chops ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Always use an instant meat thermometer to check the doneness when cooking meat.
- Store leftover in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1 pork chop
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 432mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 38g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary significantly based on products used. When the recipe list salt to taste the amount of salt is not calculated, only the sodium in the other ingredients is calculated.