This crispy and tender air fryer bone in pork chops recipe is truly the best with thick bone-in pork chops that are seasoned with rich and bold Cajun seasoning. This cajun pork chops air fryer recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes and perfect for quick dinners!
Juicy and tender with a crispy outside, this air fryer bone in pork chops are filled with so much flavor and are perfectly moist and easy to cut into. These fried Cajun pork chops are made with bone-in pork chops which make them extra delicious and appetizing.
Super easy air fryer pork chops no breading needed for this recipe with very little steps to allow you to place dinner on the table in about 20 minutes.
"As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases"
Family-friendly and weeknight dinner-approved, this air fryer cajun pork chops recipe is a great option for main courses, holidays, special occasions, or just simple meals at home!
A blend of paprika, cayenne, garlic, and more is coated all over the air fryer bone in pork chops to create an explosion of flavors that make these chops the best you’ve ever had. Serve this recipe with your favorite veggie side dishes or salads for different meal ideas.
**Find the full list of ingredients and instructions in the recipe card at the end of this post.**
Pork Chops: I use thick bone-in pork chops because the flavors are delicious and they are the juiciest once cooked. Of course, feel free to use different types of cuts but keep in mind that thick chops take longer than thin boneless chops.
Cajun Seasoning: Use your favorite Cajun seasoning blend that delivers the best aromatic flavors or simply make your own at home. To make your own seasoning, you will need smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, black and white pepper, cayenne, and dried thyme.
How to Make pork chops in air fryer
You will love this easy air fryer pork chops bone in recipe if you’re looking for a dinner idea that is quick, simple, and relaxed! This recipe is ready in minutes so don’t worry if you don’t have a lot of extra time.
Firstly, you will want to make sure to pat the chops dry with a paper towel. Once they are dry, brush them with olive oil and season them with a generous amount of Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper on both sides until desired flavors are met.
- Next, place the seasoned pork chops in the air fryer basket and cook them for eight to twelve minutes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Turn the meat halfway through cooking time to make sure they are evenly crispy.
- If you have a meat thermometer, then you can check them to see if they are at 145 degrees Fahrenheit, then you can remove them from the air fryer.
- Transfer the cooked pork chops to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- I highly recommend using a meat thermometer to check the temperature when cooking bone in pork chops in air fryer. All air fryer models are different and yield different cooking times.
- Use any kind of vegetable oil in place of olive oil.
- For breaded pork chops, simply bread them in your favorite breadcrumb and air fry until done.
- If you are using thin boneless pork chops, keep in mind that they may be finished before the cooking time for this recipe.
How Long to Cook bone in Pork Chops in Air Fryer
Cooking pork chops in the air fryer should take at least eight minutes or until the meat thermometer reads an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
What to Serve with Pork Chops
You can serve these air fryer bone in pork chops with a variety of delicious foods. We enjoy them with vegetables and carbs such as air fryer cauliflower steaks, Instant Pot corn on the cob, fluffy brown rice, and more.
How Long to Store Bone in Pork Chops
You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for four days.
I have not tried freezing them cooked, but I am sure it could work! You can also freeze your raw pork loin chops until ready to use, defrost, season, then cook.
How to Reheat Bone in Pork Chops
- Air Fryer – Reheat bone in loin chops in the air fryer around 350 degrees Fahrenheit until warmed all the way through.
- Oven – Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit, wrap the chops in foil, then place in the oven and heat them for about 15 minutes.
How long does pork take in the air fryer?
Pork can take about ten minutes to cook in the air fryer. Different cuts of pork will take longer depending on the sizes and types!. Like in this air fryer pork tenderloin recipe or the boneless pork chops
Is it better to fry or bake pork chops?
I love to air fry my pork chops in the air fryer because it is easy and creates the crispiest chops out there. If you do not have one, yet, then you can easily bake these pork chops in the oven.
Tools Used to Make This Recipe
More Air Fryer Dinner Recipes
- Air Fryer Pecan-Crusted Chicken
- Easy Air Fryer Chilaquiles Recipe
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Acorn Squash Air Fryer Recipe
- 1 ½ pound thick-cut bone-in pork chops
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brush pork chops with little olive oil, season pork chops with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste on both sides.
- Place the pork in the air fryer basket; cook to 380ºF for 8-12 minutes, turning halfway through or keep cooking until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 145ºF.
- Transfer the pork to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
The exact cook time will vary depending on the thickness of pork chops and your model of air fryer. I highly recommend you get an instant meat thermometer if you don’t have one.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 480Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 191mgSodium: 898mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 58g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary significantly based on products used. When the recipe list salt to taste the amount of salt is not calculated, only the sodium in the other ingredients is calculated.