Forget the time consuming and babysitting a pot on the stovetop with this easy and perfectly tender instant pot
dry black beans. These are ready in less than an hour with just two ingredients, and you don’t need to babysit.
Instant pot dry black beans (no soak) are perfect to have on hand for any savory or sweet recipe that calls for canned black beans. Pressure cooker black beans are the easiest way to make plain black beans with no preservatives, and the best part no salt.
This method is so easy because it does not require to soak beans before cooking, and you don’t need to drain the beans after cooking. If you are looking for a savory recipe check this Instant pot Cuban black beans.
If you have not tried the instant pot black beans no soak recipe now is your time to try this recipe and forget the soaking overnight or any routine you have when planning on cooking dry black beans. You don't have an instant pot; that's a good reason to own one.
Are black beans legumes
Yes, black beans are a kind of legume, although, no all legume are beans, like asparagus, snap peas, soybeans, etc.
Legume is a plant that bears fruits that grow in pods.
Beans are the seed from different varieties of plants that are inside the pods. The whole plant is referred to as beans.
Are black beans good for you?
Black beans are the most nutritious legumes you can eat. The seed coats contain powerful antioxidants, which have been linked to reduced signs of aging and decreased risk of cancer.
Black beans make you feel fuller for the longest time because they are high in fiber and protein. They also help control blood sugar because black beans contain resistant starch and help lower cholesterol.
For more helpful information about the benefits of eating black beans, check the link with useful information about it.
How to make dry black beans instant pot
Place the black beans along with the water in the instant pot.
Place the lid, lock in place, turn the release knob to the sealing position, or don’t press the release knob for newer models. Set the time to 30 minutes on high pressure.
When the time is up, let the pot sit undisturbed to release naturally for 20 minutes, then do a quick release of the remaining pressure. Open de lid facing away from you.
How long to cook black beans in an instant pot
Cook the black beans in the pressure cooker for 30 minutes and natural release for 20 minutes.
How long are black beans good?
- In the refrigerator, beans can last up to 5 days if stored in an airtight container.
- In the freezer, black beans can last up to 3 months. If the store properly, you will find below how to freeze your instant pot black beans to make them last longer.
How many cups in a can of black beans
A can of black beans has 1 ½ cups cooked beans. That is useful when you are going to make recipes that call for can black beans so you can use your instant pot plain black beans recipe instead.
Other helpful conversions
1 lb of black beans = 2 cups dry black beans.
2 cups dry black beans or 1 lb dry beans = 5 cups cooked beans.
How many grams of proteins are in black beans
In one cup of black beans, there are fifteen grams of protein and fifteen grams of fiber.
How many calories do black beans have
For those that like to count calories, a cup of plain black beans has 227 calories.
Can you freeze your cooked black beans instant pot?
Yes, you can freeze cooked black beans.
- Let the beans cool completely.
- Portion into freezer bags, you can use Ziploc.
- Lay the bags flat on side and stack to store in the freezer.
- When you need to use them, remove a bag,
Other very simple instant pot recipe
thank you for reading enjoy clean eating, If you make this dry black beans instant pot no soak recipe, don't forget to comment, rate it, and tag me on Instagram.
- 1 pound dried black beans ( 2 cups, no need to soak)
- 4 cups of water
- Place black beans and water in Instant Pot. Stir
- Place the lid on the pot and lock it in place. Turn the steam release knob to the Sealing position (or DON'T press the release knob for the newest model). Press the manual/pressure cook button (or dial) and the + or - button (or dial) to choose 30 minutes. The pot will take a few minutes to build up the pressure before the timer starts.
- When the cooking cycle has finished, let the pot sit undisturbed for 20 minutes. Then do a Quick Release of the pressure by turning the knob towards the Venting position (or pressing the release knob). When the metal pin in the lid drops down, you can open the lid facing away from you.
You can freeze cook black beans;
Let the beans cool completely.
Portion into freezer bags, you can use Ziploc.
Lay the bags flat on side and stack to store in the freezer.
When you need to use them, remove a bag,
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 155Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 7gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary significantly based on products used. When the recipe list salt to taste the amount of salt is not calculated, only the sodium in the other ingredients is calculated.