This air fryer artichoke salad is a delicious and easy recipe that combines crispy and tender artichoke hearts, fresh greens, and tangy dressing to satisfy your taste buds, and it is ready in less than 15 minutes.
Making artichoke hearts in the air fryer allows you to achieve perfectly crispy edges and tenders artichoke hearts in minutes while you cut down on the amount of oil needed making this a healthier addition to any salad recipe.
This air fryer artichokes salad is a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables and a good source of protein and fiber. Additionally, using fresh ingredients and homemade dressing ensures you know exactly what goes into your food, making it healthier and more satisfying than many pre-packaged or fast-food options.
One of the best reasons to make this recipe for artichoke salad is its versatility. This recipe can be served as a light lunch or dinner, paired with grilled chicken or salmon, or even used as a topping for sandwiches and wraps.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Air-Fried Artichoke Salad
**Find the full list of ingredients along with the recipe instructions at the end of this post**
- Artichoke hearts: Artichoke hearts are the heart of the artichoke flower -- they are a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. I use canned artichokes, but you can use fresh artichokes, too. But canned is a convenient and affordable ingredient.
- Chickpeas: Chickpeas are a legume that’s high in protein and fiber. They add a hearty texture and protein to the salad.
- Olive oil: This spray helps to keep ingredients from sticking to the air fryer basket.
- Lettuce: Leafy greens are low in calories, a good source of vitamins, and adds a crunchy texture to the salad. You can use spinach or your favorite mix of greens, too.
- Red onion: Onions add a bit of sweetness and crunch to the salad.
- Parsley: Parsley is an anti-inflammatory herb that adds texture and herbaceous flavor to the salad.
- Red bell pepper: Red peppers add a pop of color and flavor to the salad.
- Vinaigrette: The dressing ingredients are simple -- extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt. The salad dressing adds tons of flavor and helps bring all the ingredients together in this simple salad recipe.
How to cook artichoke hearts in the air fryer for a salad?
- Drain the artichoke hearts, and pat drained artichokes dry with a paper towel. Slice them in half with a very sharp knife. Place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Spray with olive oil and air fry, shaking the basket halfway through.
- Air fry artichokes for 10 minutes. Once golden brown, remove them from the basket to cool slightly before adding to the salad.
Making the salad
Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil, wine, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and kosher salt until well combined.
Arrange the lettuce, chickpeas, onion, bell pepper, air-fried artichoke hearts, and parsley in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss until coated; taste and adjust salt if need it.
Tips for the best Air Fryer Artichoke Salad
- This artichoke heart salad is also delicious with the addition of grilled chicken or fish.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side for a fresh, bright flavor, or squeeze lemon juice.
- For earthiness, whisk a little bit of Dijon mustard and minced garlic into the vinaigrette.
- If you want a cheesy dressing, try adding chunks of feta, blue cheese, parmesan cheese, or other crumbled cheeses into the vinaigrette or make a lemon parmesan dressing.
- Add even more Mediterranean flavors to this salad with artichoke hearts by tossing in some salty, briny flavor by including some black or green olives.
- Cherry tomatoes will add bright color and flavor, making this an even more special salad, and Brussels sprouts thinly sliced add more nutrients and green to the salad.
- Add fresh parsley or other herbs from your garden to brighten this amazing salad.
How long to cook canned artichoke hearts in the air fryer?
Canned artichoke hearts can be cooked in the air fryer for 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Be sure to check them halfway through cooking to make sure they are not overcooked.
What to serve with air-fried artichoke salad
Air-fried artichoke salad can be served on its own, or it can be served with tons of other tasty dishes. Some popular options include:
- Air Fried grilled chicken or Air fryer salmon
- Roasted vegetables like air fryer asparagus or air fried Broccoli
- Instant pot zucchini soup
Can this artichoke salad be frozen?
No, this salad is not a recipe we’d suggest freezing. The ingredients will not retain their original texture.
Common Questions About Artichoke Salad
Yes, canned artichokes are good for you. They are a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Just keep in mind that canned food is high in sodium, so if you’re on a sodium-restricted diet is better that you use fresh artichokes.
Yes, you can air-fry artichoke hearts. They are a great way to cook artichoke hearts because they come out with crispy and delicious edges.
Artichoke is a vegetable. It is the flower bud of a thistle plant. Artichokes are native to the Mediterranean region but are now grown in many parts of the world.
Yes, you can use frozen artichoke hearts to make this recipe. You may need more cooking time.
More Air fryer recipes you’ll love
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Salmon
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Green Beans
More Salads Recipes to try
- 2 (12 oz) cans of artichoke heart, drained and cut in half
- Olive oil in an oil sprayer bottle
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Half small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (optional)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Pat dried the artichokes with a paper towel. Place in the air fryer basket in a single layer, spritz with oil, and air fry to 400 F for 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil, wine, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt until well combined.
- Arrange the lettuce, chickpeas, onion, bell pepper, air-fried artichoke hearts, and parsley in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss until coated; taste and adjust salt if need it
- You can add more vegetables or greens like spring mix, baby spinach, shredded carrots, olives, tomatoes, etc.
- Use the vinaigrette the same day.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 282mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 10gSugar: 7gProtein: 9g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary significantly based on products used. When the recipe list salt to taste the amount of salt is not calculated, only the sodium in the other ingredients is calculated.