Air Fryer Asparagus is an easy and healthy side dish you can make in the air fryer with simple ingredients in less than 10 minutes.
Cooking asparagus in the air fryer takes less time than cooking them in the oven without heating the kitchen. Asparagus is delicious on its own, but this air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus is amazingly delicious, and they are perfect as a side dish or appetizer.
In this blog post, you'll find the answer to some frequently asked questions about this air fryer asparagus recipe like:
- How to trim asparagus spears?
- How to make asparagus in the air fryer?
- What to serve with roasted asparagus?
- How to reheat asparagus in the air fryer?
- And some other helpful tips.
Ingredients you'll need
How to trim asparagus
It's essential to trim the pale ends of each stalk because they tend to be woody and tough.
Cut the asparagus where the stalks turn from white to green using a knife and a cutting board. You can line them up in a row and slice off the ends all at once.
Another option to snap asparagus is simply by bending them one by one until it breaks.
How to make asparagus in the air fryer
**At the end of this post, you can find the printable step-by-step instructions and ingredient list.**
Seasoning: Once the asparagus are trimmed, rinsed, and pat dry with a paper towel or a clean kitchen towel. In a large bowl, season the asparagus with the ingredients listed in the recipe card.
Air Frying: Place the seasoned spears in the air fryer basket and cook to 370ºF for 5 minutes thin asparagus, and 8 minutes thick asparagus, shaking the basket halfway through.
How long to cook roasted asparagus
Roasted asparagus in the oven can take 12-15 minutes if cooked to a high temperature like 400ºF. But if you cook them in the air fryer to 370ºF, they are ready in 5-8 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus spears.
What to serve with roasted asparagus?
Asparagus goes well with almost any main dish. Here are some great options you can make in the air fryer as well.
Air Fryer Ribeye Steaks: Perfectly cook steaks in the air fryer. If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend giving it a try.
Frozen Chicken Breast In The Air Fryer: Juicy, delicious meat and perfect when you forgot to take the meat out of the freezer.
Air Fryer Salmon: This blackened salmon recipe goes perfect with the air fryer roasted asparagus, and you'll have dinner in less than 20 minutes.
How to store air fryer asparagus
Place the cooked asparagus in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. After 4 days, they become soggy, and they are not that yummy anymore.
Reheating asparagus in the air fryer is easy as setting the temperature to 370ºF and reheating for 3 minutes.
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
Click the links below to see or buy the items used to make this recipe
Air fryer. Perfect for making fried food with little to no oil and also gives you the convenience of a small convection oven.
Mixing bowls. This set has a cover, which makes it double function as a mixing bowl and storage container.
More air fryer recipes you'll love
How to make the best air fryer turkey bacon
MORE AIR FRYER SIDE DISHES TO TRY
- 2 lbs. Fresh Asparagus, end trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Lemon wedges and grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Add trimmed asparagus spears into a large bowl; add the olive oil, black pepper, lemon juice, and salt if using; Stir until the spears are well coated.
- Place seasoned asparagus spears into the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook to 370ºF for 8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. (Thin spears will need less time, around 5 minutes).
- Serve asparagus with lemon wedges and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, optional.
- Place the cooked asparagus in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Reheating asparagus in the air fryer is easy as setting the temperature to 370ºF and reheating for 3 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary significantly based on products used. When the recipe list salt to taste the amount of salt is not calculated, only the sodium in the other ingredients is calculated.