Air Fryer Salmon is a quick and easy way to cook low carb. Low-calorie salmon recipe, and this recipe is a must. If you have the instant pot air fryer lid is a must to try this recipe, you end with seared edges and tender, flaky center, just perfection.
Cooking air fryer salmon with the instant pot air fryer lid results in the most tender and delicious fish. If you are looking for a nutritious entrée and are short of time, this salmon air fryer recipe should be of your top choices. Salmon has heart-healthy omega 3 fatty acids and has protein, so try to incorporate it into your weeknight meal rotation.
How to season salmon
Salmon is a versatile fish because its strong flavor stands up to a variety of spices. This flavorful fish is deliciously seasoned with only salt and pepper. Still, today we are going a little extra with this spice rub.
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Rub each fillet with olive oil; season with salt and pepper and the spice rub
How to cook salmon with instant pot air fryer lid?
Cut the salmon filets into even sizes. You can also purchase them already pre-cut into filets. You can remove the skin if you would like, but it is not necessary to do so. It is easier to remove the skin after cooking.
Season each fillet. Make sure to rub the spices in for best flavor, and then place the salmon in the air fryer basket or use the trivet if using the instant pot air fryer lid and your salmon are on the larger size, set air fryer on 400 degr
• Defrost salmon: It is always best to let your salmon thaw out before cooking it in the air fryer
• How to cook frozen salmon: If you are cooking salmon from frozen, use a temperature of 400 degrees and cook it longer. 15 minutes is usually good.
How long to cook salmon in an air fryer
The salmon fillets are perfectly cooked when a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the fillet reads a temperature of 140-145 degrees F; this takes about 7-8 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Depending on how you like your fish, you can cook until it has reached a temperature of 120-125 degrees F measured in the thickest part for medium-rare air fryer salmon.
What to serve with air fryer salmon
Salad: any green salad you like. You could serve it with a fresh strawberry pineapple salsa.
Vegetables: add some of your favorite vegetables in the air fryer basket for a few minutes, I love air fryer green beans with balsamic vinegar or simple instant pot asparagus
Grains: I like to meal-pre grain and freeze them for when I need it, and instant pot Brown rice or instant pot quinoa are my two favorite grain to have on hand.
How long is cooked air fryer salmon good for
It will keep well in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the pieces of cooked salmon for up to 3 months, thaw in the fridge overnight, and warm until heated through
Tips: I wrap the salmon in aluminum foil and use the air fryer to reheat it instead of the microwave.
How to defrost raw salmon
It is always best to let your salmon thaw out before cooking it in the air fryer. Place the frozen salmon in some water to let them thaw out. They will be ready to cook in under an hour! or you can thaw in the fridge overnight
What to try next with the instant pot air fryer lid
Still need more check other instant pot air fryer lid recipe here
Thank you for reading enjoying clean eating hope you love this recipe as much as I do.
If you’ve tried this healthy Air Fryer Salmon recipe or any other recipe on enjoy clean eating, don’t forget to rate it and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me Instagram so I can repost on my stories!.
Air Fryer Salmon is a quick and easy way to cook low carb. Low-calorie salmon recipe, and this recipe is a must; If you have the instant pot air fryer lid.
- 2 (6 oz.) salmon fillets, thawed
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper
In a small bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
2. Rub each fillet with olive oil; season with salt and pepper and the spice rub.
3. Place the salmon inside of the air fryer basket, put the basket into the inner pot, place the air fryer lid on top. Set the temperature Air fry to 400F for 7-8 minutes or your desire doneness. (Salmon is medium-rare when internal temperature registers at 120-125 F and well done when internal temperature registers at 140˚F)
(Make sure the instant pot pressure cooker isn’t plug-in).
4. The instant pot air fryer lid will pause in the middle of the cooking time and tell you when it is time to flip your salmon; you don’t need to flip the salmon.
(If you don’t open the lid, it will resume cooking on its own.)
5. Once the time is done, open your instant pot air fryer lid, remove the salmon fillets.
Serve to your liking. Some options are on this post.
If the pieces are too large for the basket, then use the trivet that came with the instant pot pressure cooker.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g