If you're craving banana bread and want a healthier version of your favorite with some hide veggies, aka carrot, this carrot cake banana bread is the right recipe for you.
Everyone in your family is going to love this carrot cake banana bread recipe, and the best part is they don't need to know it is healthier. You can also make this recipe for your coworkers I'm sure it'll be a hit there as well because almost everyone loves banana bread as they love carrot cake.
The list of ingredients with instructions for your better convenience, if you want to print the recipe, is down on this post in the recipe card.
How to make carrot cake banana bread
- Preheat oven to 350 F, then greases a 9"-x-5" loaf pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, maple syrup, butter, and vanilla extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top with a spatula, sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs, then let cool.
Can you freeze banana bread
Yes, you can freeze banana bread and preserve those slices, half loaf, or whole loaf, so they can stay fresh.
How to freeze banana bread
You can wrap the loaf or slices in foil or plastic wrap, place them in a zip bag, removing as much air as you can, then freeze up to 3 months.
You may want to double wrap slices because their surface is more exposed, and this could dry out the bread easier than a loaf. So double wrap each slice put them in a freezer friendly bag, and remove as much air as possible without squishing the banana bread's slices. Place the bag with the wrapped slices in the fridge.
How to reheat banana bread
You can quickly reheat banana bread slices either leaving on the countertop if you like room temperature or in the oven, sometimes I also use the air fryer or the toaster.
- To thaw In the countertop, you can leave slices of frozen banana bread for about 20 to 30 minutes, a frozen half loaf for 2 hours, and the whole loaf for up to 4 hours.
- Now, you don't have all that time and want to use the oven, well you only have to remove the bread from the freezer bag and put in the over still wrapped in foil, for half load put in a pre-heated oven on 350F for 30 minutes.
- Maybe you freeze a whole loaf then remove it from the freezer bag leaving the foil wrap on, place in a pre-heat oven on 350F for 80 to 90 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven let it stand for 10 minutes in the foil wrap before slicing it. To allows residual heat to continue heating the banana bread.
How long is carrot cake banana bread good for
This carrot cake banana bread can keep up to four days on the countertop.
If you up to freeze it, it can last up to three months before it starts to develop freezer burn, and this will change the taste and texture.
Is carrot cake banana bread healthy?
This banana carrot bread is still a treat, but it's much healthier than the store-bought banana bread! This banana bread carrot cake recipe is gluten-free, so make sure your baking powder is gluten-free, ripe bananas are a must for this recipe and any banana bread recipe. I decided to use potato flour because stores are running out of oatmeal and other baking flour.
Can you use frozen banana for banana bread?
Yes, you can use frozen bananas! but you need to defrost them beforehand.
The best part of defrosted bananas get super mushy and liquidy, and all that flavorful liquid is gold! It makes the bread moist and delicious.
How to tell if carrot cake banana bread is done?
When you insert a toothpick, and it comes out with moist crumbs. If you don't have a toothpick, you can use a table knife.
Others sweet treats you may like
If you make this recipe and have some leftover come back to know how to store and reheat your carrot cake banana bread and remember it can last up to three months in the freezer.
- 2 Cups Potatoes flour or oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3-4 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 Large eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey (add more if you like very sweet)
- ¼ cup melted unsalted organic butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup finely shredded carrots
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350º, then greases a 9"-x-5" loaf pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, allspice, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, maple syrup, butter, and vanilla extract. Stir the banana mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the shredded carrots.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth top with a spatula, sprinkle with the chocolate chips if using. Bake about 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs, then let cool.
Start checking for doneness after 40 minutes because some oven distributes the heat better than others.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 4gSugar: 16gProtein: 6g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Do you want to share your creation with me, tag me or send me a DM on Instagram @enjoy.cleaneating! I'll be thrilled to see it. And don't forget to rate this recipe. It means a lot to me as your comments mean the world to other readers.
If you make this recipe and have a couple of minutes to leave a comment, share it with us, please.
Thank you for reading. Enjoy Clean Eating.