Air fryer halibut recipe is a delicious dinner to make in less than 20 minutes in the air fryer.
This Air Fryer Halibut Recipe is healthy and tasty. The pistachios crust made with ingredients like goat cheese, lemon zest, and the beautiful color of pistachios; adds so much flavor to this healthy air fryer halibut fillet.
"As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases"
Whether you want to add more fish to your diet or looking for new air fryer fish recipes that are a quick and easy weeknight meal, this halibut in the air fryer is the perfect answer.
Is halibut good for you?
This white fish is full of omega-three fatty acids. When it comes to clean eating or healthy eating, halibut is a wonderful fish to add to your meal planning.
Help to protect the planet and try to avoid Atlantic wild-caught halibut because the stock is depleted. Choose pacific halibut when you are buying wild this kind of fish.
How to season halibut
Season the fillets to make this recipe following these simple steps before cooking in the air fryer.
- Thaw the halibut fish fillet overnight in the fridge if you are using frozen fish.
- Use paper towels to pat the fish fillets dry. To ensure the seasoning sticks to it, don't skip this step.
- Brush the top of the fillets with olive oil or avocado oil, season with garlic powder and salt.
How to make pistachios crust
The pistachio crust adds a lot of flavor to the halibut fish fillet, making it easy to make. Remember, you can find the print version of this recipe in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- In a small bowl, add the goat cheese, chopped pistachios, panko breadcrumbs,
green onion, and lemon zest, stir to combine.
- Goat cheese substitute: feta, blue cheese, or halloumi cheese.
- Pistachios substitute: Almonds, macadamia, or any nut you like or have on hand.
- Halibut substitute: striped bass or cod are acceptable substitutes to make this crusted fish fillets recipe in the air fryer.
When buying fresh fish, including fresh halibut, stays away from those that smell fishy or ocean-like. You should eat frozen fish as soon as it thaws, and don't freeze it again
How long to cook halibut in the air fryer
Cooking halibut in the air fryer doesn't take a lot of time. Depending on the thickness of the fish and the air fryer brand you have. Halibut fillets take about 6-10 minutes to cook in a preheated air fryer to 380º F.
I recommend checking around 5 minutes of cooking time if your fillets are not very thick.
With this recipe, you don't need to flip the fish over; cook on one side until the fish is done.
Tip: air fryer halibut is done when the fillets flaked with a fork easily.
Can you make this air fryer halibut recipe ahead?
This recipe is pretty easy to make and there is no need to make it ahead of time, because fish can get overcooked and a little rubbery when reheated. For the best result, make this air fryer halibut right before you plan on serving it.
You can prepare the fish with the crust and air fry when you are ready to serve it.
What to serve with air fryer halibut
This air fryer halibut with pistachios crust can go with many different sides, like salad, vegetables, potatoes, gnocchi, etc. check out my side dishes for some inspiration. Here are some of my favorites.
Tools to make this recipe
Click the links below to see or buy the items used to make this recipe
Air fryer. Perfect for making fried food with little to no oil and also give you the convenience of a small convection oven.
Mixing bowls. This set has a cover, which makes it double function as a mixing bowl and storage container.
More air fryer recipes you’ll love
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped unsalted pistachio
- 2 Tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 green onion, minced
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 (4 – 6 oz.) halibut fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Lemon wedges.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 F for 3 minutes.
- Stir goat cheese, chopped pistachios, panko breadcrumbs, scallion, and lemon zest in a small bowl, set aside.
- Pat dry the halibut fillets with a paper towel. Brush the top of the fillets with olive oil, season with garlic powder and salt.
- Coat the halibut fillets with the pistachio mixture, pressing to help it adhere. Air fry for 6 to 10 minutes or until the fish flake easily with a fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges and your side of choice. Enjoy!
- Thaw the halibut fish fillet overnight in the fridge if it is frozen.
- When buying fresh fish, including fresh halibut, stays away from those that smell fishy or ocean-like. And frozen fish should be eaten as soon as it thaws, and don't freeze it again.
- With this recipe, you don't need to flip the fish over; cook on one side until the fish is done.
- You can prepare the fish with the crust and air fry when you are ready to serve it.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 159Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary significantly based on products used. When the recipe list salt to taste the amount of salt is not calculated, only the sodium in the other ingredients is calculated.