You’ll love this air fryer tortilla chips recipe if you like crunchy chips. These homemade tortilla chips are healthier than deep-fried chips and are delicious with any dipping sauce.
With only two ingredients, you can make chips in the air fryer any time your mouth is craving some crunchy snacks. Make these tortilla chips in an air fryer with only tortillas and oil.
If you want to add more vegetables into your diet and haven’t tried zucchini chips in the air fryer, I highly recommend you do so.
"As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases"
This crispy air fryer tortilla chips recipe is easy to make and healthier than store-bought chips. They are low in fat, gluten-free and you can use any tortillas that fit your diet needs.
In this post, you’ll find the recipe to make homemade tortilla chips air fryer, helpful tips, and some frequently asked questions about this recipe like:
- How to make tortilla chips in the air fryer?
- How long to cook tortilla chips in an air fryer?
- Storing homemade chips
- What are the best tortillas to make this recipe?
- How to make tortilla chips in the oven
- Reheating chips in the air fryer
- Add more flavor to the tortilla chips
Tortillas: You can use corn or almond flour tortillas. If you are gluten-free, check the corn tortilla ingredients to make sure they are gluten-free. For almond flour tortillas, I use siete food, and it is gluten-free.
Oil: You can use cooking spray oil or brush oil on both sides of the tortilla pieces. I like to use olive oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil in most of my cooking.
Down in the recipe card, you can find the measurements and instructions.
How to make tortilla chips in the air fryer
These tortilla chips made in the air fryer are easy to make and only require two ingredients you may already have.
You can find the recipe card with the ingredients at the end of this post which you can print if you’d like.
Here are the steps to make the recipe.
Step 1. Cutting the tortillas: Cut the tortillas into triangles or any shape you want
Step 2. Brush olive oil: Brush the tortillas with olive oil until lightly coated on both sides.
Step 3. Air Fry: Place the tortillas in the air fryer basket and air fry at 330ºF for 8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
Step 4. Cooling: Place the chips on a cooling rack and repeat with the remaining pieces.
How long to cook tortilla chips in an air fryer
To cook tortilla chips in the air fryer, you only need 8 minutes per batch. I found the second batch takes a minute or so less than the first batch because the air fryer is already heated.
How to store tortilla chips
Place the tortilla chips on a cooling rack and once they’re thoroughly cooled, place the tortilla chips in a Ziploc bag or an airtight container and store them at room temperature for up to 5 days.
What are the best tortillas to make this recipe
From my testing, I found corn tortillas get crispier than wholewheat tortillas. And if you don’t like corn tortillas, the best second option is almond flour tortilla. It doesn’t mean you can’t make them with other flour tortillas; you can, but they won’t get that crispy.
Low carb tortilla chips in the air fryer
There are some options of low-carb tortillas you can get at the grocery store, like the almond flour tortilla I use for testing this recipe.
How to make tortilla chips in the oven
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Brush the tortillas with olive oil until lightly coated or spray with cooking oil on both sides.
- Spread the tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet, bake for 7 minutes on each side.
How to reheat tortilla chips using the air
Add more flavor to the tortilla
You can add extra flavor to the tortillas by adding spices or seasoning you like. Add the flavor after the tortillas have been sprayed or brushed with oil.
- For a heat combo: chili and cayenne powder
- Season chips with onion and garlic powder for a seasoned twist.
- For a sweet combo: maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Get creative and make this recipe yours with your favorite flavor.
Tools I did use
Looking for more appetizers to make in the air fryer try these recipes:
- Air fryer steak bites
- Delicious Air fryer cauliflower bites
- Air fryer Bacon Wrapped Brussels sprouts
- Best Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Crunchy Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air fryer stuffed Dates
For more air fryer recipes you’ll love check our air fryer recipes page
- 4 tortillas (6-inch) corn or almond flour.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or cooking spray oil
- Cut the tortillas into triangles
- Brush the tortillas with olive oil until lightly coated on both sides or spray with cooking oil
- Place the tortillas in the air fryer basket and air fry at 330 F for 8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- Place the chips on a cooling rack and repeat with the remaining pieces.
- Serve with your favorite salsa or guacamole.
- Add extra flavor to the tortillas by adding spices or seasoning you like.
- Place the tortilla chips in a Ziploc bag or an airtight container and store them at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Reheat the chips in the air fryer to 350ºF for 1-2 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 tortilla (almond flour)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary significantly based on products used. When the recipe list salt to taste the amount of salt is not calculated, only the sodium in the other ingredients is calculated.